Returning students will only be allowed to register online.
There will not be any in-person registration for returning students. You will not be able to register after January 16. Students already registered with one or more courses for the Winter 2020 semester can come to course change.
Important Information about Fees and Payment:
Fees must be paid in full upon registration. Students who do not pay their course fees will have their course registration cancelled and will remain liable for nonrefundable fees. Access to Omnivox services and waitlists will be blocked. If a student registration is cancelled for nonpayment of fees, the student must reapply in order to return in a subsequent semester.
Who can register for Continuing Education?
- Students registered in the day division in Fall 2019 who are transferring programs
If you were registered in the Day division in Fall 2019 but now wish to study in Continuing Education, you must complete a Program Transfer Form through the Omnivox portal prior to registration.
- Students from other colleges with a “commandite”
The advisor from your home college must submit a virtual Commandite through the Online System. Only once admitted by Dawson College will you receive an email invitation for registration. (The deadline to submit a virtual Commandite is Monday, January 6, 2020).
- Continuing Education students registered in Fall 2019
- Students who apply by 11:30 p.m. on Sunday, January 12, 2020 and were admitted for Winter 2020
- Students who applied between January 13 and January 19, 2020 and were admitted for Winter 2020
Questions about registration? Check out our useful guide to help you out!
How can you register?
Students eligible for Online Registration:
- returning students registered in Fall 2019, including program transfers
- new or former students who apply online by 11:30 p.m. on Sunday, January 12, 2020
- students who submit a “commandite” by January 6, 2020
Begins January 2 at 1:30 p.m. and ends January 16 at 11:30 p.m. for
- Continuing Education DEC program students
- AEC program students (Commercial Photography and Independent Video Game Design)
Begins January 3 at your given appointment time and ends January 16 at 11:30 p.m. for
- All other returning Continuing Education students registered in Fall 2019
- New and former students who apply online by 11:30 p.m. on Sunday, January 12, 2020
- Students who submit a “commandite” by January 6, 2020
To find out at what time your personal registration begins, go to the Dawson College website and log on to MYDAWSON and consult My Omnivox Services, Course Registration.
HELP during REGISTRATION (Continuing Education)
If you are having difficulty with your online registration, please fill out a REGISTRATION HELP FORM found in the MyDawson Portal, under “My College Services / Continuing Education Registration Help Form”. An operator or advisor will contact you as soon as possible and no later than two working days after your request is submitted.
Begins Thursday, January 2 at 1:30 p.m. and ends Thursday, January 16, 2020 at 11:30 p.m.
Late Online Registration is ONLY for:
- Students who apply between January 13 and January 19, 2020 by 11:30 p.m. and are admitted for Winter 2020
Begins Thursday, January 23 at 2:30 p.m. and ends Sunday, January 26 at 11:30 p.m.
Please note that limited space may still be available for students registering at Late Online Registration. There is no guarantee of access to any specific course or section. Please consult your My Dawson portal under “My College Services/Course Seats available” for the list of courses still available.
HELP for LATE REGISTRATION (Continuing Education)
If you are having difficulty with or cannot complete your online registration, come to course change on January 27, 2020 from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. in room 5B.16
Course Change is ONLY for:
- New and returning students already registered in at least one course for the Winter 2020 semester. Come to Course Change if you wish to make changes to your registration or add one or more courses to an already existing schedule.
- Students who apply between January 13 and January 19, 2020 by 11:30 p.m. and are admitted for Winter 2020. For students who have difficulty registering or have not finalized during Late Online Registration.
REMINDER: Students who have been withdrawn for nonpayment of fees will NOT be permitted to register during In-Person Course Change.
In-person Course Change is on Monday, January 27, 2020 from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Room 5B.16.
There is no given appointment time for Course Change; it is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Limited space may still be available. Please consult your My Dawson portal under “My College Services/Course Seats available” for the list of courses still available.
Fees for additional courses must be paid in full at Course Change.
Please note that students who register on January 27, 2020 will be starting classes one week after classes begin. If the class you intend to register for is held on a Monday evening, you will need to attend immediately after your registration is complete.